Job Description: Server
Reports to: General Manager, Assistant Manager
Summary of Position:
Provide friendly, attentive, and timely service to create an exceptional experience for all of our guests.
Each server’s objective is to exceed our customers’ expectations. Servers should be very knowledgeable
when discussing food and beverages served at Barrel Back. Servers are required to keep a professional
demeanor, setting the atmosphere and brand for Barrel Back.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Maintains a Guest focus while performing duties
Assumes 100% responsibility for quality guests’ experience
Take food and beverage orders from guests.
Learns the names and personally recognize our regulars.
Record drink and food orders accurately and immediately after receipt into the POS system.
Accept guest payment, process credit card charges and make change (if applicable).
Clear and reset tables throughout the dining room
Present food and beverage menus, make specific recommendations and answer questions
regarding menu items.
Maintain cleanliness in all areas of service including counters, sinks, utensils, shelves and
Receive and serve food orders to guests.
Report all repair or maintenance problems to management
Assist the restocking and replenishment of service station inventory and supplies.
Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return.
Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
Notify supervisor or manager-on-duty any time a guest is not IOO% satisfied with their
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
• Be 18 years of age.
• Must possess a positive attitude and work well with other team members
• Must be able to work unsupervised
• Must be available to work at 7:00 am and as late as 2:00 am
• Must have the ability to handle money and operate a point-of-sale system.
• Be able to work on your feet for long periods of time.
• Be able to safely lift and easily maneuver trays of food frequently weighing up to 20 to 25 pounds
• Be willing to follow direction
• Follow all company personal hygiene and uniform requirements