Job Description: Host/Hostess
Reports to: General Manager, Assistant General Manager
Summary of Position:
Provide friendly, attentive, and timely service to create an exceptional experience for all of our guests. Each support staff member’s objective is to exceed our customer’s expectations. Support staff may perform a wide variety of tasks at Barrel Back. Bussing, cleaning and resetting tables, seating guests, running food to tables, and expediting food from the kitchen are all support roles. Support staff members are required to keep a professional demeanor, setting the atmosphere and brand for Barrel Back.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Maintains a Guest focus while performing duties
· Sets up expo station with togo containers
· Stocks soup bowls and crackers
· Portions butter and put into separate containers
· Keep expo line clean
· Read tickets and deliver food when needed
· Let managers know when items are 86’d
· Maintain clear communication between kitchen and dining room staff
· Cleans condiment bottles and caddies before and after each shift
· Cleans trays and prepares linen
· Communicates slow ticket times to management
· Assumes 100% responsibility for quality guests’ experience
· Clear and reset tables throughout the dining room
· Seat guests
· Present food and beverage menus to our guests
· Maintain cleanliness in all areas of service including counters, sinks, utensils, shelves and storage areas.
· Report all repair or maintenance problems to management
· Assist the restocking and replenishment of service station inventory and supplies.
· Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return.
· Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
· Notify supervisor or manager-on-duty any time a guest is not IOO% satisfied with their experience
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
• Must possess a positive attitude and work well with other team members
• Be able to work on your feet for long periods of time.
• Be able to safely lift and easily maneuver trays of food frequently weighing up to 20 to 25 pounds
• Be willing to follow direction
• Follow all company personal hygiene and uniform requirements