Tommy’s is a Malibu/Axis boat dealership with a sales department, service center, and wake/surf pro shop. We are located in four different locations, including Walloon Lake, MI, Grand Rapids, MI, Golden, CO, and Clermont, FL.
Tommy’s is offering an exciting position that is catered toward boating and watersport enthusiasts, and to those with customer-focused backgrounds! Tommy’s employees are our number one asset and we strive to provide our employees with countless of benefits that separate us from any other company. Our full time, year-round employees have the opportunity to benefit from the following:
· Access to medical, vision, health, and life insurance
· 401k options
· Paid Time Off
· Competitive wages
· Boat usage
· Travel opportunities
· Employee appreciation outings
· Education/Training/Certification reimbursements
· Opportunities to grow within the company
Tommy’s is a rapidly growing company that values our employees and offers a fun and challenging workspace. For more information on Tommy’s, visit our website at www.gettommys.com
Boat Sales Associate Job Description:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Customer Service: Ability to serve our customers respectfully and efficiently. Understand that the customer is our number one priority, and serving them is what will make us successful. Be able to work with high net worth individuals. Be able to work with customers in the shop, on the water, and at the customer’s personal residence.
Selling: Gain our customers trust through selling our products with enthusiasm and true passion
Watersport: Ability to learn the water sport industry, as well as learn how to use the products we sell and promote (surfing, skiing, etc.)
Communication: Able to interact professionally with colleagues, clients, and company personnel, able to clearly and effectively communicate information both orally and in writing
Humility: ability to honestly and openly communicate any mistakes or mishaps made and have the ability to learn from them.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
· Computer Skills: Knowledge of Microsoft Office required. Experience with CounterPoint and Dealership Advantage preferred
· Driver’s License: Driver’s License: a valid driver’s license required. MVR approval to drive company vehicles and boats per Tommy’s insurance company required
· Valid Boater’s License: a valid boater’s license required
· Background Check: pass a thorough background check required
· Drug Test: pass a thorough drug test required
· Boating/Watersport Experience: experience with boats required. Experience with watersports preferred
· Trailering: ability to trailer and launch boats required