Tommy’s is a Malibu/Axis boat dealership with a sales department, service center, and wake/surf pro shop. We are located in four different locations, including Walloon Lake, MI, Grand Rapids, MI, Golden, CO, and Clermont, FL.
Tommy’s is offering an exciting position that is catered toward boating and watersport enthusiasts, and to those with customer-focused backgrounds! Tommy’s employees are our number one asset and we strive to provide our employees with countless of benefits that separate us from any other company. Our full time, year-round employees have the opportunity to benefit from the following:
· Access to medical, vision, health, and life insurance
· 401k options
· Paid Time Off
· Competitive wages
· Boat usage
· Travel opportunities
· Employee appreciation outings
· Education/Training/Certification reimbursements
· Opportunities to grow within the company
Tommy’s is a rapidly growing company that values our employees and offers a fun and challenging workspace. For more information on Tommy’s, visit our website at www.gettommys.com
Service Writer Job Description
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Provide our customers with a positive service experience & assure customer satisfaction
· Schedule, coordinate, and supervise service orders with technicians, from customer drop off to customer pick up
· Actively communicate with customers, team members, other Tommy’s departments, and vendors in a professional manner
· Keep detailed, accurate records on service work, warranties, internal billing, etc.
· Ensure that work orders and parts invoices are cashiered in an accurate and timely manner
· Track warranty work orders and warranty submissions and ensure they are billed and paid in a timely manner
· Clearly communicate billing, inventory, warranty or customer service issues to the Service Manager
· Generate parts orders, receive items and maintain an accurate inventory system
· Work with Sales Department and Pro Shop Managers to drive more sales from the Service Departments
· Engage with Tommy’s service and pro shop customers
· Attain a high level of knowledge regarding Malibu, and Axis boats and their features
· Attain knowledge and understanding of all boat brands
· Stay connected with what is going on in the boat/watersport industry (events, contests, pro rider news) and passionately share this info with customers to generate interest in what we are selling
· Ensure all local, state and federal laws are followed
· Maintain a safe and clean work environment
· Promote the Tommy’s brand
· Other tasks required by manager
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Administration and Management: Knowledge of business, management and sales principles, customer service, and coordination of people and resources.
Accounting and Analysis: Able to understand inventory, costs and sales.
Communication: Able to interact professionally with colleagues, clients, and company personnel. Able to clearly and effectively communicate information both orally and in writing. Able to communicate both orally and in writing with customers, many of whom are high net-worth individuals.
Mechanical: Able to understand the basic mechanical and electrical systems on water craft and communicate issues to employees and customers.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.