Tommy’s Colorado Service Department Contact:
Steve – 904-894-8067
Tommy’s is a Malibu/Axis boat dealership with a sales department, service center, and wake/surf pro shop. We are located in four different locations, including Walloon Lake, MI, Grand Rapids, MI, Golden, CO, and Clermont, FL.
Tommy’s is offering an exciting position that is catered toward boating and watersport enthusiasts, and to those with customer-focused backgrounds! Tommy’s employees are our number one asset and we strive to provide our employees with countless of benefits that separate us from any other company. Our full time, year-round employees have the opportunity to benefit from the following:
Access to medical, vision, health, and life insurance
Paid Time Off
Employee appreciation outings
Opportunities to grow within the company
Tommy’s is a rapidly growing company that values our employees and offers a fun and challenging work space. For more information on Tommy’s, visit our website at www.gettommys.com
Boat Detailer Job Description
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Detail the boats exterior and interior
· Deliver boats to specific locations
· Provide customers with the highest quality details that will leave them with the desire to return
· Maintain a safe and clean work environment
· Ability to work independently and efficiently
· Be comfortable using a wide range of shop tools and equipment
· Be comfortable using a wide range of cleaning/waxing supplies
· Move boats from 19’ – 26’ in length
· Communicate with customers in a friendly, outgoing fashion, providing them with clear and honest information
· Maintain organization of the boat lot
· Ability to cross train into some technician duties, as well as assist in the preparation of serviced boats
· Maintain cleanliness of the boat lot
· Assist in the shop’s organization and cleanliness
· Maintain a positive attitude and be a productive member of our team
· Provide our customers with a positive service experience
· Promote the Tommy’s brand
· Any other requests from supervisor
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Detailing Skills: Able to pay attention to detail and recognize any uncleanliness/flaws that can be fixed by the Detailer
Trailering: ability to trailer boats safely and efficiently, as well as launch them into the water.
Communication: Able to interact professionally with colleagues, clients, and company personnel, able to clearly and effectively communicate information both orally and in writing
Humility: ability to honestly and openly communicate any mistakes or mishaps made and have the ability to learn from them.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
· Computer Skills: Knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred.
· Trailering: trailering experience required
· Operation of boats: ability to operate a wide range of different boats preferred