Tommy’s is a Malibu/Axis boat dealership with a sales department, service center, and wake/surf pro shop. We are located in four different locations, including Walloon Lake, MI, Grand Rapids, MI, Golden, CO, and Clermont, FL.
Tommy’s is offering an exciting position that is catered toward boating and watersport enthusiasts, and to those with customer-focused backgrounds! Tommy’s employees are our number one asset and we strive to provide our employees with countless of benefits that separate us from any other company. Our full time, year-round employees have the opportunity to benefit from the following:
· Access to medical, vision, health, and life insurance
· 401k options
· Paid Time Off
· Competitive wages
· Boat usage
· Travel opportunities
· Employee appreciation outings
· Education/Training/Certification reimbursements
· Opportunities to grow within the company
Tommy’s is a rapidly growing company that values our employees and offers a fun and challenging workspace. For more information on Tommy’s, visit our website at www.gettommys.com
Service Manager Job Description
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Responsible for building a strong Service team
· Responsible for the hiring, growth, disciplinary actions, and terminations of service employees
· Responsible for ensuring the service center meets labor requirements, sales goals, gross margin goals, etc.
· Develop and implement ways of improving the efficiency and performance of the Service department
· Responsible for ensuring customers are the service center’s main priority and all customers leave with a desire to return.
· Proactively solve customer issues.
· Ability to maintain, diagnose, and repair a wide variety of boats
· Oversee maintenance and repair of all boats
· Assist in the preparation and creation of annual service budget projections
· Monitor the work order process, parts ordering process, inventory process, and warranty claim process to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
· Responsible for ensuring all purchase orders, work orders, parts orders, and bills to an from customer and vendors are accurate and honest
· Communicate regularly with supervisor, other departments, and other location’s service centers.
· Ensure communication within the shop and with customers is consistent and clear
· Work with the pro shop and sales departments to generate more sales and a larger customer base
· Other tasks as requested by supervisor
· Have fun!
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Selling: Able to promote and sell the service centers products and services with a full understanding of what each product does and is, in order to communicate that with customers
Training: Able to clearly document company procedures and policies and train staff and employees on these company procedures and policies
Customer Service: Ability to serve our customers respectfully and efficiently. Understand that the customer is our number one priority, and serving them is what will make us successful. Be able to work with high net worth individuals.
Watersport: Ability to learn the water sport industry, as well as learn how to use the products we sell (surfing, skiing, etc.)
Technical Skills: Strong mechanical aptitude, knowledge of engines, knowledge of electrical systems, able to haul, load and unload boats up to 26’ in length.
Trailering: ability to trailer boats safely and efficiently, as well as launch them into the water.
Communication: Able to interact professionally with colleagues, clients, and company personnel, able to clearly and effectively communicate information both orally and in writing
Humility: ability to honestly and openly communicate any mistakes or mishaps made and have the ability to learn from them.
Travel: ability to travel to different locations for training and continuous improvements
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
· Education/Experience: High School Diploma Required. 3 years of technician experience required. 2 years of management experience preferred.
· Computer Skills: Knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred
· Driver’s License: a valid driver’s license required. MVR approval to drive company vehicles and boats per Tommy’s insurance company required
· Background Check: pass a thorough background check required
· Drug Test: pass a thorough drug test required
· Trailering: trailering experience required
· Operation of boats: ability to operate a wide range of different boats required