Tommy’s is a Malibu/Axis boat dealership with a sales department, service center, and wake/surf pro shop. We are located in four different locations, including Walloon Lake, MI, Grand Rapids, MI, Golden, CO, and Clermont, FL.
Tommy’s is offering an exciting position that is catered toward boating and watersport enthusiasts, and to those with customer-focused backgrounds! Tommy’s employees are our number one asset and we strive to provide our employees with countless of benefits that separate us from any other company. Our full time, year-round employees have the opportunity to benefit from the following:
· Access to medical, vision, health, and life insurance
· 401k options
· Paid Time Off
· Competitive wages
· Boat usage
· Travel opportunities
· Employee appreciation outings
· Education/Training/Certification reimbursements
· Opportunities to grow within the company
Tommy’s is a rapidly growing company that values our employees and offers a fun and challenging work space. For more information on Tommy’s, visit our website at www.gettommys.com
Assistant Pro Shop Manager Job Description
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Responsible for the understanding of and successful sales of all pro shop items
· Manage employee tasks, scheduling, and performance.
· Work with managers to find, hire and train employees.
· Works with Pro Shop manager to attain planned revenue and margin goals
· Assist with store layout and set up of merchandise and displays
· Assist with promotions, events, moves and demonstrations of products
· Maintaining inventory accuracy: receiving, transfers, audits, and loss prevention
· Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment.
– Ensure the highest levels of service and customer satisfaction
· Engage with customers by asking open ended questions in order to make a personal connection
· Work with product reps to learn how to better promote and demonstrate all products
· Minimize loss of product through theft
· Accurately ring up dales, returns, warranty, and exchanges. Receive payment and provide correct change and receipts
· Accurately tag all products
· Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of the shop, changing rooms, bathrooms
· Other tasks as requested by supervisor
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Selling : Able to promote and sell various different items with a full understanding of what each product does and is, in order to communicate that with customers
Communication: Able to interact professionally with colleagues, clients, and company personnel, able to clearly and effectively communicate information both orally and in writing
Training : Able to clearly document company procedures and policies and train staff and employees on these company procedures and policies
Customer Service: Ability to serve our customers respectfully and efficiently. Understand that the customer is our number one priority, and serving them is what will make us successful
Watersport : Ability to learn the water sport industry, as well as learn how to use the products we sell (surfing, skiing, etc.)
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
· Education/Experience: High School Diploma Required. 1 year of retail experience required. 2 years of management experience preferred.
· Computer Skills: Advanced Microsoft Office experience required. CounterPoint experience preferred
· Driver’s License: a valid driver’s license required
· Background Check: pass a thorough background check required
· Drug Test: pass a thorough drug test required